There is a lot here about how Hip Hop might have come to be, but I see a paralell to how it has emerged and been recognized. I first made this connection with the help of a trusted friend, and reofessor here at RIC, Aaron Andrade (history and appreciation of theatre). Hip Hop and Metal are the paralelled, but unique resistances to the primary culture in our society.
After reading what lead to the conndissions that lead to Hip Hop, I can say with confedence that there is truth in the phrase, "from chaos comes great inspiration."
The inovativness of how the whole Hip Hop revolution started is astonishing. Using oblolite tools and programs to make something new and cool to bring into the light the rediculousness of a modern world... ingenious!
Is it bad that I never contiously saw the obvious paralells between Hip Hop, Breakdancing, Tagging, and DJing. I love how she flows through the descriptions of all of these different forms of art as though writing, as a form af art itself, was a part of it. Writing is indeed a part of the Hip Hop movement, however less visible, sans the case of Def Poetry.
I thoroughly enjoied this reading and agree with pretty mush all of Roses main points. It was an easy read once you got how she was speaking into your head, also I liked her perpetual use of some uncommon words to augment the situations she was describing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Glad you liked it.. but say more about what it is that you liked. WHat do you hear her saying in this text? What claims is she making about hip hop?
She was very genuine about what she had to say, but I don't feel as if she had any overlying message past Human life finding what it needs to make itself heard. I feel as if she gave the best descriptive explaination for someone completly oblivious asking, "Where did this culture come from?" She tells it like a story, and the story is about the little child Hip Hop, and she acknowledged the people who have come up with it.
She claims then that Hip Hop is it's own being that came into existance out of neglect, depression and poverty, and has made (if not in every way) a positive impact.
Post a Comment