I see that there is a lot of material here that I feel kid just want to talk about, and if no one ever brings up some of the issues than they don't get talked about and I think it says a lot to the domonant ideology that these things aren't talked about more. I think that one of the questions they are asking is,"why aren't these things talked about?"
Issues of, attraction, immigration, police brutality, pregnancey, self expression. These kids are talking in a way and what they're saying compells me to think about these issues and respond.
I really liked the "slip of the tounge" video. It started with a boy on a bench next to a girl, and he lays his best line on her. Instead of giving him a simple yes or no, she tears down his advances with thoughts about why it is that she thinks he's comming at her in the wrong way. In the end, she walks away, but he feals more enlightened and is more attracted to different aspects to women...
Good show kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment